martes, 6 de diciembre de 2011

THE TRUE LOVE

A wise teacher was faced with a group of youths who declared against marriage. The boys argued that romance is the real support of partners and it is preferable to end the relationship when it turns off instead of entering the hollow monotony of marriage.
The teacher listened and then told them a personal testimony:
- My parents lived 55 years married. One morning my mom down the stairs to prepare breakfast when Dad suffered a stroke and fell. My father reached out, picked it up as he could and almost dragged up to the van. At full speed, drove to the hospital while his heart tore in deep agony. When he arrived, unfortunately, she had already died.
During the funeral, my father spoke, his gaze was lost. Almost did not cry. That night we met children with him. In an environment of pain and nostalgia remember beautiful anecdotes. He asked my brother theologian to say a few reflections on death and eternity. My brother started talking about life after death. My father listened with great attention. Suddenly called "take me to the cemetery."
"Dad," replied "It's 11 at night! We can not go to the cemetery now!" He raised his voice and with a glazed look said, "Do not argue with me please, do not argue with the man who has just lost what was his wife of 55 years." There was a moment of respectful silence. We do not discuss further. We went to the cemetery, ask permission to the lamp and a flashlight reached the tombstone. My father touched, prayed and told their children that we saw the scene shocked: "They were good 55 years ... you know, No one can speak of true love if you have no idea what it is to share life with a woman so. " She paused and wiped his face. "She and I were together in everything. Joys and sorrows. When you were born, when I was fired from my job, when you get sick," he continued "We were always together. We share the joy of seeing our children finish their careers, each cry other side of the departure of loved ones, pray together in the waiting room of many hospitals, we rely on the pain, embrace and forgive us our sins ... children, now it's gone and I'm happy, you know why? because it was before I did not have to live the agony and pain of burying, of being left alone after my departure. It is I who go through that, and I thank God. I love her so much that I would have liked to suffer ... "
When my father had finished speaking, my brothers and I had the face soaked with tears. What he hugged and comforted us:
- "Everything is fine children, we can go home, has been a good day." That night I realized what true love. Far from the romance and not have to do with eroticism. Rather it is a communion of hearts which is possible because we are the image of God. It's a partnership that goes far beyond the senses and is capable of suffering and refuse anything to the other. "
When the teacher finished speaking, university students could not be discussed. That kind of love was over them big. But even if they did not have the courage to accept it immediately, could foresee that they were to true love. The teacher had given them the most important lesson of their lives.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario