martes, 6 de diciembre de 2011

REFLECTION

true Love
An elderly man came to the clinic where I work to be done to heal a wound in his hand. He was quite fast, and while it healed so I asked him what was so urgent that it had to do.

He said he had to go to a nursing home for breakfast with his wife who lived there. He told me he had some time there and I had a very advanced Alzheimer's.

As he finished bandaging the wound, I asked if she would be alarmed if he arrived later that morning.
-No, he said. She no longer knows who I am. For nearly five years that I recognize.

Then I asked puzzled.

And if you do not know who you are, why this need to be with her every morning?

I smiled and gave me a pat on the hand said: - "She does not know who I am, but I still know very well who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left and I thought - "That's the kind of love I want for my life. True love is not confined to the physical nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of everything the other is, what has been, of what will and what is no longer ... "

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario